Sunday 21 July 2013

Review: Bite Cosmetics High Pigment Pencils


Bite Cosmetics Lip Shine Pencils
$28.00

Overall: 4 out of 5 Stars

A few weeks ago, as I was shopping through the isles of Sephora, I came across a new line that I hadn't seen before: Bite Cosmetics.  After trying out their High Pigment Pencils, I bought two of them, a red shade, 'Pomegranate', and a pink shade, 'Velvet'.  I was impressed at the way they applied, they seemed very creamy, which is something that I love in a lipstick-like product.
I love these products; they are very creamy, and have no shine to them whatsoever, so they are both very matte colors, and I love how pigmented they are.   Since I feel like they can crease, I blend them out with my finger, and apply a light shade of gloss over them.
One of the drawbacks of the product, and one that really set me off any future purchases from the brand, is the smell and taste - these lip shine pencils don't smell the best.  They contain a hint of plastic, crayon smell.  For the price of $26, I feel like they could be better, compared to something like a MAC Lipstick, which smell amazing, don't taste bad, and are about two dollars less then these Bite Cosmetics.  I do enjoy using these Bite Cosmetics Lip Shine Products, but I feel like, for the amount (2.50g), and price, I probably be heading towards the MAC counter before I buy another one of these.

xoxo
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment