Tuesday 16 July 2013

Bubbles in the Nail Polish - Avoid them!!

A few days ago, after doing my nails - and might I say, they looked flawless, until a few minutes after I let them dry, I noticed there were these little bubbles that started to show.  Having never had this happen before, I turned to the internet to investigate, hoping that some beauty blogs might have the answer.

I don't know about you, but I rarely have the time, money, or patience to have someone do my own nails.  I have only ever had a professional nail artist do my nails once in the past, but I prefer, and enjoy, doing my own nails, probably because I change my mind 5 minutes after painting them one color, and then decide to paint them another.

For those pesky bubbles showing up on your nails, here are a few tips that I picked up during my research:

1.  Do not shake your nail polish before using it.  Shaking your nail polish creates bubbles in itself, and using your nail polish directly after shaking it, can help create these bubbles.  If you must shake your nail polish, shake, then let it sit for about half an hour, to give the polish time to let the bubbles go away.  'Rolling' the nail polish, and not shaking, can also help keep air out of your polish.

2.  Make sure you do a good job on cleaning your nails before painting them, getting rid of any unwanted dirt, moisture, or any oils that can help create these bubbles.  Also make sure your nails are quite dry before you paint them.

3.  To help keep these bubbles away, as well as a unpleasant yellow to your nails, use a base coat.

4.  When using your color polish, try to not brush repeatedly, lift the brush as little as possible, and try doing long strokes instead of short strokes.  One trick that I've learned is that I tend to not put enough polish on my brush, which can also give the end of my nail that weird 'oops, not enough' polish look.  If you have too much, you can also go over your polish again, after getting some of the brush.

5.  After applying the first coat, it can really help to let it dry completely.

TIP: when in a rush, one good tip that I use quite often, is letting my nails sit in cold water for about a minute.  The cold water can help the polish dry faster.  Also, when I do my nails, I tend to do them at night, when all the chores are done, and I sit, relax, do my nails, sit and read a book, or watch a show., allowing them quite a bit of time to dry.

Good luck!

xoxo
-M




No comments:

Post a Comment